Y'all promptly drug my ass on Instagram for not posting the recipe expeditiously...so here ya go internet thugs! lol
This recipe is so uncomplicated and quick! It's also perfect for this random ass (for Texas) cold weather been getting every blue moon!
The only ingredient in this recipe I measured was the chicken stock (and I still added a little more at the end. If you're looking for an exact to the measurement recipe this is not it. I put measurements I thought fit but particular when it comes to seasoning...there are not measurements I use. Taste and adjust as you go!
TIP: Use the breasts from two pre-cooked rotisserie chickens to cut down on time.
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to 3/4 inch thick
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup chopped white onion 1/4-inch dice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon minced jalapenos
1/4 cup tomato paste
3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, 1/4-inch dice
1 cup corn kernels, fresh, canned or frozen
1 cup black beans, canned, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 canned diced fire roasted tomatoes, plus juice
5 cups unsalted chicken stock
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 cup blue corn tortilla strips crushed
The juice of 1/2 a lemon and lime
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, for garnish
Himalayan Pink Salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, Slap ya Mama, paprika, ground cumin, Rajun Cajun, Tony Chachere's bold.
1. Heat pan over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil.
2. Shred chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken breasts and add to pan.
3. Season chicken to taste with Himalayan pink salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic salt, Tony chachere’s bold, slap ya mama
4. Let cook for about 5 min (chicken is already cooked so don’t over cook)
5. Add the juice of 1/2 lemon. Cook for another minute.
6. Remove chicken and set aside in another bowl
7. In the same pan heat about 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add minced garlic and chopped yellow onion. Sauté for 1-2min
8. Add chopped chipotle peppers and jalapeño. Sauté for 1-2min
9. Add tomato paste. Sauté for 1-2min
10. Add bell peppers and corn. Sauté for 1-2min
11. Add black beans, fire roasted tomato, chicken stock, shredded chicken and seasoning to taste
12. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer!
13. Add the juice of 1 lime, taste, and season accordingly
14. Serve with crushed tortilla chips and avocado (optional)
If you have any questions...don't ask me shit...figure it out yourself lmao jk jk Just hit me up!