Hey, Hey! So this recipe came highly requested from instagram and facebook! It's so simple I'm almost embarrassed to post it but...here goes nothing!
What you need to have:
- Arrowhead Mills Protein Pancake Mix (8.99 @ Sprouts)
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 medium banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 packets of Stevia (liquid stevia works as well- 3-4 drops)
- Cinnamon to taste...I love cinnamon so i use ALOT!
- 1/4 cup Carey's Sugar Free Syrup
What you need to do:
1. Follow the instructions on the back of the Arrowhead Mills package. I add a little more liquid than instructed so that the consistency isn't as thick.
2. Once batter is mixed, add in vanilla extract, stevia , and cinnamon! (I use enough so that you can see the cinnamon in the batter, but use as much as you like!)
3. Heat a skillet over medium/high heat, spray with olive oil or use 1 tbsp olive oil and coat pan. (turn the heat down as necessary)
4. Pour 1/4 cup of mix into the skillet and let cook until the bubbles disappear, then flip and let cook until pancake is fully cooked. While the pancakes are cooking slice up or banana. I prefer thick slices, but cut them as thin or thick as you like.
5. Once pancakes are cooked, set aside, and take 2 tbsp of peanut butter and place in a microwave safe bowl. Cook in microwave for about 10-12 seconds or until peanut butter can be stirred easily. BE CAREFUL not to cook too long because the peanut butter will burn!
6. Take one pancake and place on plate, scoop out 1 tbsp of heated peanut butter and spread over pancake. Next place about 1/2 of the slices on top of the peanut butter. Layer the second pancake on top and repeat.
7. Top with more cinnamon if you're a cinnamon addict like me and 1/4 cup of Carey's Sugar Free Syrup
Now this meal with the peanut butter can hike up the grams of fat kind of high (even though its healthy fat) if you're tracking your macros! I tend use the peanut butter on the weekends when I allow myself to be a little more decadent. If I'm eating it during the week, I simply omit the peanut butter! Also, if you're wanting to reduce the carbs take out the banana!
Also, if you're prepping this for the week...When you re-heat your pancakes, place a paper towel over the top with a 3-4 sprinkles of faucet water! This will keep your pancakes from getting drying from re-cooking! Thank me later...or now...whatever works for you! =)
Macros (without peanut butter & banana):